Friday, July 23, 2010

Monday, May 3rd (the aftermath)

We got up Monday morning and went over to the Edward's house for breakfast. Erica had a gas stove and thawing sausage. We made our way back down our street to wait for the waters to recede . By about 11:00 am we could walk into our house. We found we got about 25 inches of water inside and more in the garage. I walked up the street to make some phone calls (my cell phone would only work at the top of the hill ..... if I was lucky). I ran into one of my former students and his dad .... they wanted to help. Blac and his parents came and looked and went home to get tools. They took out the carpet and helped us carry out wet furniture and clean out wet cabinets. By the end of the day we had most of the wet stuff out and a huge pile of trash. By evening many roads were back open and we went into town to our friends Joe and Ashley Cook (who knew we would be there so long).























No comments:

Post a Comment